Project 2 Response Questions

  1. In what way did you change your process to make a piece that was site specific? I wanted to create a piece that would interact with the way a mirror reflects words, making them seem to be backwards. I chose to print my poem backwards so that it would be easily read in the bathroom mirror, playing with the theme of perception.
  2. How did you challenge yourself creatively, conceptually and/or technically in the making of this piece? If you did not feel challenged is there something you would do differently if you were to do it again? I enjoy writing, and I found deciding on the specific wording and intent of my piece to be challenging. If I were to do it again, I might include some imagery along with the words. I wish I would have challenged myself within the illustrator tool a bit more.
  3. Were there elements that made the completion of this piece either more difficult or felt not challenging enough? I had a very difficult time getting the letters onto the contact paper and then off of it. The process of installing the piece was definitely challenging.
  4. Reflect on the critique and consider how your experience was different from the first: was the feedback you received helpful? Be specific about why or why not. I think the critique was helpful, and not being able to talk about or explain my piece before receiving feedback was interesting because I was able to hear people's initial gut reactions to my work. Sometimes I wish people would be more negative/ constructive about things they don't like, although maybe I also don't.. haha.
  5. Please share any other thoughts. I enjoyed making a piece that people outside of this class would see and interact with.

Comments