status: online

  1. How do you feel about the overall outcome of this piece in relation to your art making process? I am very proud of how this piece came out. I think this is a new extension of my art making process, because Ih ave not worked digitally before. 
  2. In what way did you integrate your personal art practice into this project? I chose to explore digital painting in this project, with the imagery based on my imagination. I usually draw or paint with physical media, and so I wanted to translate this into a digital form.
  3. How did you challenge yourself creatively, conceptually and/or technically in the making of this piece? I challenged myself by experimenting with digital painting and the use of different layers for the different aspects of each object (base, shadow etc.). I was also challenged trying to make sure my handiwork matched the perspective of the floor.
  4. Were there elements that made the completion of this piece either more difficult or felt not challenging enough? I found digital painting challenging but not overly difficult. I think I could have experimented more with the screenshot backgrounds and editing them beyond their raw form.
  5. Reflect on the project critique: was the feedback you received helpful? Be specific about why or why not. I found the feedback overall helpful. I think people can be hesitant to criticize and I would have liked more critical feedback in order to do better next time. I liked hearing other people's interpretations and that the mostly understood my concept.
  6. Please share any other thoughts. I am excited to continue practicing with photoshop and digital painting especially!

Comments