Blog Response 3

I consider myself a fan of philosophy, and generally find philosophical discussions to be interesting and fun. However, sometimes I feel that trying to break down and analyze every cultural movement or trend takes away some of its beauty and interest. To be transparent, I only skimmed this article because I found it to be longwinded and boring- essentially the antithesis of what street art represents to me. I understand the impulse to want to dissect cultural phenomena, but doing so in the form of a long, boring (in my opinion) philosophical essay tends to obscure the point more than clarify it. Everyone seems to have a hypothesis surrounding why certain forms of art exist, what they say about us, and whether they are worthwhile. You're completely entitled to that hypothesis, but don't make me read about it! I don't feel the need to "prove" my beliefs about art and its value to society because they are unique to me.

Comments